It is way too early for any concluding summary or evaluation of what is happening in Japan. But there is one bunch (?) of people that (in my opinion) would class high among those who deserve a prize or an award. These people are those that twitter with the account of @TimeOutTokyo — originally a magazine dedicated to reports on Tokyo’s restaurants, bars and discos, but now permanently involved in sharing valuable information with people in Tokyo, e.g.:
- where to go in case you only speak English and need help, or what kind of help is needed,
- where to go in case you want to provide help (and what kind of help — work, clothes, food, power, or other donations — actually is needed)
- where residents can find information about power outage schedules,
- where commuters can go when they have no place to stay,
- and by spreading what media and government are announcing regarding the nuclear power plants and other areas in Japan.
Thank you, TimeOutTokyo, for doing this. I am sure you are a great help to many people right now. Keep up the good work. ありがとう.